22 June 2017

update on scarves





Alas,no Liberty scarves for  my collection on my latest foray to the thrift stores to restock  my shop ( I had not been since March -- honest)



I bought an unusual Jacqmar scarf.
 Jacqmar always reminds me of my mother,see my avi here, I believe they were made in Rochester, near where I come from.


The price was right on this nice quality cruise line souvenir


but I dont care what the price is when it leaves a nasty glue mark like this!!


A somewhat bizarre take of of Jacqmar - made in Italy???


My favorite, a unisex old Macclesfield silk, 18" selvedge to selvedge. Love it and it is staying with me.



Also staying with me, at least for now,  a summery cotton Perry Ellis.


The first Marimekko I have ever thrifted destined for my etsy shop.


 Gorgeous lipstick  red also  destined for fabriquefantastique  --  I think.



And the requisite Hermes --Bride de Cour.

Lots more fabulous pieces, dare not tell you how muchI spent and how many I acquired for the shop.






2 comments:

  1. Our local(ish) charity shop scrawls the price in pencil on the vintage linen sheets which really annoys me as I'm scared it won't come out. I have also known sticky labels to hide a flaw.
    I still want to know who on earth would give a Hermes scarf to a thrift store. Lucky for you they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn,I have always thought that they come from estates or house clearing agencies.Or perhaps nursing homes

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...