31 March 2016

nice haul.....Liberty scarves




No Liberty scarves have joined my collection since last summer. I was having withdrawal symptoms and  determined to get a fix.



So, for the past 2 weeks I have trolled the thrift stores, I came up with seven!.


This is my favorite, cocoa brown with soft, feminine colours,


followed by the above with the pre-war label.


But this one is a bit of a puzzle, large with a hand rolled edge,  it has a somewhat tacky, glitzy tag with lurex yet!. I think it is the new direction Liberty is following/


Strange scarf here too, I have never seen a striped border before - and I have over 800 Liberty scarves. The border may have been larger and re-hemmed because it is badly hand rolled.

During the same outings some other vintage scarves made it into my basket, I dare not tell you how many. They are making their way into my etsy shop and will keep me busy for a few weeks.

All in all, not a bad haul.




9 comments:

  1. You had a great haul of scarves! Oddly enough, I have looked at thrift stores in hopes of finding one or two to add to your collection but have never found a single one. Guess you must always beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh.I have my secret sources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tacky one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. only the label is tacky....I am wearing it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tacky one too! Seriously, how on earth do you find so many quality scarves? They are so difficult to find over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, if I told you I would have to kill you, Seriously, I often find good stuff when I am in UK and NZ.

      Delete
  6. The cocoa brown one is my favourite too! I did a double take when I read that you have over 800 Liberty scarves. That is one serious collection. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i cant believe that once you started looking you actually found all those! I'm always keeping an eye out for a decent vintage silk scarf in charity shops but they're rare as hens teeth over here! What an incredible number of Liberty scarves you have!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow i cant believe that once you started looking you actually found all those! I'm always keeping an eye out for a decent vintage silk scarf in charity shops but they're rare as hens teeth over here! What an incredible number of Liberty scarves you have!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...