10 August 2014

A good day


A good day at the Brickworks Farmers Market yesterday.



The 1930s dahlia applique quilt sold in the first 30 minutes. First time out after being listed on etsy for over 3 years. Each flower is a different color, my theory is it was made from a kit....perhaps bought from a newspaper or needlework magazine. 


    1950s 9 patch ( left) went to a little boy who badgered his mum for it....I called him my little shop-o-holic.

 
My theory on the  feedsack Dresden Plate is that it was made for a county fair or competition. It had every thing! Piecing, applique, scalloped edge and  fantastic, lavish hand stitching. No batting, so she could show off the 9 spi  and it was square, all the better for hanging on a wall.
Made to impress, it sold later in the morning.


Usually vintage furs are hung at the back, for political reasons, but I was fed up with lugging them in and out.
Up front the jacket sold too.
Some 50s 60s beaded cardigans went  plus quite a  few bits and bobs from my " stuff for quilters" box.



But no estate linens sold.....
 Ahh well, you can't
 win them all.





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very good day. I suppose quilts are easier to sell 'in real life' because there are no shipping costs involved.
    By the way, on my trip to the U.K. last week I foraged in the charity shops with my mum and got all excited when I saw a Hermès scarf in a cabinet (it was at the posh end of town!). However, they wanted over 200 quid for it which I thought was a bit steep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,a bit steep, Seems that charity shop knew what they were doing!! What else did you pick up?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...