13 June 2013

The Purple Sock



On our way up to our summer cabin we like to stop for a break in Coldwater ( pop 1100). Not only do we love the local diner, The Tiffany, but there is a very friendly Post Office, a branch of my bank ( this week they are having a fund raiser book sale) and one of my favorite LYS, The Purple Sock.




Lynn has just acquired a wee bit more room at the back of the store so has come up with this imaginative display wall using vintage wash tubs.


An old washing machine is put to good use.



She always has had a lively display of old sock dryers, this is part of it. Not shown is a long stocking drier.


 Very dear to Lynn's heart,  a wee baby legwarmer dryer, found in her mothers home on top of some pipes.


The Purple Sock is closed most Mondays and Tuesdays, usually the days we go north, but I count on dropping by three ot four times a season. Lots of goodies to be had as well as a very warn welcome. 
It is also the place I find my choice of great wool socks from a mill in  Carstairs, Alberta.





5 comments:

  1. O wow, little is more exciting than a bunch of knitting wools...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely reminder about this place and for posting the lovely sneak peek pictures. Added incentive for me to take a drive up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen a sock dryer. I obviously have never lived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm officially in love with the sock dryers, why? I dunno.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great post and pics of my shop. If any of you are ever in the area please stop by and say Hi!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...