14 April 2013

I'm a MOM



No, not that sort again, but 'Member of the Month" for the Etsy Expats Team.....the only etsy team I am active in.




Here is what they are about

About Me

My Photo
Here we are, miles away from where we started. Some of us have found homes away from home, others are packing bags and filling up boxes before the big move. Others still have gone back to their roots after spells abroad or are just dreaming of starting anew.

The Etsy Expats are a team of talented creative artists, running their shops in countries all over the world, often not their own.

Being an expat, means not always having the luxury of taking things for granted, such as knowing exactly where to go to get your tools - if you even know what they are called - or how to set up a company in a foreign country, or simply have your nieces model your latest jewelry.

Still, living abroad can be mind-opening. Your culture merges with another, your perception shifts and you get to enjoy the best of both worlds – the old one when you visit and the new one when you take advantage of being the guest. Undoubtedly the influences of your new milieu will not only enrich your outlook on life, but also stimulate your creative genius. The fact that many members of the Etsy Expats team have opened their Etsy shops AFTER becoming expats attests to that.


This group is ever so supportive, not only do they do the usual promoting and chat, but there are private threads where they help each other with expat stuff like 'how do I navigate French bureaucracy ? 'or  'I'm looking for an apartment in LA'



 
Being the MOM means I am getting extra special treatment....blogs featuring just me!!! and treasuries devoted to JUST me as well.....can you imagine!!
Lots of features in other treasuries as well.......do look at these
https://www.etsy.com/treasury/NjMxMzg0OHwyNzI0MjQzNTAy/learning-to-listen?index=0
https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTE0MjkwNDJ8MjcyMTY4MDM0MQ/knit-one-pearl
https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MjYxNzM2NTV8MjcyMTY4NTgwMw/a-textured-world-throughout-the-ages
https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTE0MjkwNDJ8MjcyNDI2MDE2OA/how-do-you-like-your-spring-greens
https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTg3MTQ4NjZ8MjcyMTY1NjkyMQ/arsenic-and-old-la..

and its only mid month.




The supportive members are pinning my items on the team pinterest board   and doing all sorts of stuff on the facebook page  (note, must try to get a handle on FB.)

I can't tell you how delighted I am.

I



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations - you deserve it!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy to have you as our member of the month you so deserve the spoiling

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a great team and full of interesting and talented members. I am ashamed to say that I have not been a very active member for a while now what with one thing and another and I won't blame them if they throw me out! It's not that I'm being unfaithful with other teams or making other treasuries, it's just getting the time to fit everything in. If you go down the Facebook route Jan you'll find that's something else that eats time! Anyway, you so deserve to be MOM and I hope you enjoy your month of being spoilt and having all your lovely items featured in lots of treasuries. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...