16 March 2012

Unveiled at Te Papa


One of my favorite museums in the whole world is Te Papa in Wellington, NZ.

Dita von Teese wears VivienneWestwood 


Last month I caught, by chance, a visiting exhibition from the V & A.......
 "Unveiled" 200 years of wedding fashion.
Not your typical Kiwi experience, a real 'girly' show and more than well attended. Lots of eye candy, with film clips and interactive sites ( as in 'post your own wedding photos')   Te Papa excels in visitor participation.  I was happy to leave R in the cafe with a new book and spend a couple of hours by myself ,having a good look around.


dress and coat c.1965


One of my  favorite  wedding dresses  was worn in 1969 by Pamela Harlech, alas I cannot locate a still, but you can see the dress  here, in this link. ...a news clip that was also being shown as part of the exhibit.

So, I am showing a dress and coat from about the same time (for sale in my shop, wouldn't you know)



7 comments:

  1. The V&A exhibit sounds gorgeous! What a terrific trip you had.
    Love your blog and etsy shops too. I'll be by here again soon to see what fun things you have posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thrill to be traveling around as you are...and I would have loved to have been there. I looked at the link you mentioned--beautiful wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is just what I need for wedding dress inspiration! I love the clip; the commentaries always make me giggle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just popped over to say hello and welcome as my latest follower, it's lovely of you to join me :o)
    The V & A Exibition sounds great. I love the fabric in the first shot.
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Best wishes
    Rose H
    (Seconhand Rose)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very jealous! Would love to see this x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! How wonderful is Dita's dress. The vibrant colour of violet against the red roses. That's colour combination to my taste. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...