This quilt needed a fix, the borders were very tattered and a few squares were disintegrating. I set about this task but my heart was not in it...quite frankly, the quilt did not do it for me. I chopped off about 4" from one end...big mistake!
underneath was a much more exciting quilt.....very, very worn, but exciting nevertheless. Lots of fabulous fabrics, including a rusty red (not turkey red)
fabulous homespun or Alamance cloth back, nice baptist fans quilting. Back or front will make lovely primitive toys.
Then I began to look at the tied top quilt again, it must have been vibrant at one point. Lots of vivid greens, not the dreary thing I thought it was....see how much it had faded.
and I found just one damaged square of this very old Lancaster blue cotton.
I'm not sure quite what I am going to do with this piece and I didn't have another quilt to work on so I made red currant jelly from the fruit in our garden. The jamming equipment is kept at the cabin and I will make another batch next week.