06 April 2011

Prepping for the show.

Prepping for the Toronto Vintage Clothing Show this Sunday. Check out the link for other goodies.

A bunch of 1930s jackets each with a photo of the original owner wearing the garment. I have some other nice things from the same family including two dinner suits......a bit too heavy for our central heating.



I shall be taking this 40s cut velvet dressing gown.


and this 1960s, beautifully made evening gown.

I have to thank Tracey at The Vintage Bothy for giving me the impetus for this post. She does lots of lovely vintage fairs in UK and I steal many ideas from her.

More to come when I start on the fabrics tomorrow.
and the scarves!!

6 comments:

  1. Hope the show goes well! Lovely items you're taking! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan
    that made me laugh when I saw my name, thanks for the compliment I don't think that I have inspired anyone before!!
    Have a great fair.
    T x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so pretty! Am really loving the red dressing gown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck at the show...hope it's really successful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely vintage clothes! Wonderful jhaving a photo showing them originally worn by the owner, that makes them so special.
    Love that dressing gown!
    Thanks for visiting, hope you're feeling better and on the mend and can get out soon to the flea markets - they are such a buzz!
    Good Luck with your Show on Sunday.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the show tomorrow Jan. Your clothing looks inviting, especially that dressing gown. I hope to see some of the fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...