28 April 2011

Dorothee Bis



I wanted to use my old apple picking basket, so I emptied the contents and found this great 1960s yarn, part Lurex from Dorothee Bis....the pics do not show the lovely deep coppery color. It had been forgotten, I loved it then and I love it now.




I remember I was going to knit this, may have even started it. The old Vogue knitting books were just my style.


Defiantly knitted this Jaeger pattern in a lovely heathery blue wool.....think the moths got at it.



My poor magnolia.....finally started to bloom and what happened? Big storm these past couple of days and some branches broke off, I bet it wishes it had stayed dormant. Now over 40 feet high I will show more photos when it is in full fig. (if ever)



3 comments:

  1. The magnolia blooms are beautiful - I hope it doenst get too damaged, am looking forward to seeing it - 40' high it must look fantastic when in full bloom.
    The wool looks lovely - will you make something with it?
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that yarn is great! How about knitting up a few autumn/ winter wraps, it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, poor Magnolia tree

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...