28 February 2011

no shrinking violets here


I'm really missing my thrifting days and am completely envious of other bloggers boasting of their days finds.


so I scrambled around a back cupboard and pulled out these pieces I had forgotten about . Both bold blue embroidery. The basket bedspread, from about the 20s 30s I think, is already for sale.
I shall work on the Pennsylvania Dutch 50s linen tablecloth this afternoon.
These ladies certainly did not dither about what to do with their time, they jumped right into these splashy projects.

7 comments:

  1. I like these Jan - blue being one of my favourite colours could have a lot to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Blue is my favorite color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my....be still my beating heart...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always liked the blue on white, textiles and pottery. These pieces are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both so beautiful.....If only..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these..blue is my fav colour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...