26 October 2010

A symphony of brown thrift store finds

yesterday I treated myself to a morning out...at the thrift stores. I hit 3 different ones. When I came home for 'show and tell' I was surprised to find I had a nice pile of stuff....nearly all browns, not usually my favorite color. You can see some cowboy short curtains, a lovely roll of 70s chintz, a 50s apron, one of 10 (yes 10!) skeins of pure merino wool from New Zealand, a Jaeger silk scarf that will go to my sister and a Valentino scarf (well it is beige in the middle) for me.



Of course, I had to pick up a few more scarves.


and the brown merino wool was in 3 different packs, so I had to buy these skeins as well! I need more yarn like a hole in the head.


A nice treasury 'treasures from Toronto' featured my vintage fur collar. Sarah, a fellow Torontonian may do this kind of promotion once a week, she says. Yesterday Toronto elected itself a new mayor....a real bozo, I'm ashamed, so the city will need all the help it can get.


I notice that in my filofax, on the things to do in January 2010 page I had noted
*set up on zibbet (that was a disaster).
*open another etsy shop (yeah right)
*join esty teams....well I never found a team that I fancied until I found etsyexpats, or they found me. What an outgoing bunch they are!


Anakit, took up the weekly challenge and put together this treasury 'miles to go before i sleep' and used a vintage 70s piece of trapunto work from my shop.She is from Europe and makes drop dead gorgeous jewelry.

Underanewlight, another talented jeweler from Montreal, featured my ivy fabric in 'fall can be fun, a bright, tasty list.
and moonandlion makes the wittiest, most clever treasuries, this one 'what I learned in my geometry class' is no exception. Her clever wit is apparent in her shop as well.

2 comments:

  1. Such wonderful finds! Leaves me wishing for the weekend to hurry up and get here so I can make my rounds to our local shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all - especially the cowboy curtains. What a find!

    Warm hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...